Monday, March 1, 2010

Pompidou Centre 5

Alright, I'd like to appologize for my lack of updated (yet again). I've had 200 or so pictures from the Pompidou hanging over me and it's bee rather intimidating. Rather than attempting to post every single thing like I did with the last series of posts, I'm just going to upload the things that really resonated with me... enjoy.

RC

Our reflection in the glass covering Yves Klein's masterpiece "bleue sans titre." Seeing this was really, really big for me. There's just something about it that you can't understand until you're in front of it.

Asger Jorn "Le Bon Sauvage"

Gaston Chaissac "Composition"

Nicolas de Stael "Les Toits"

Nicolas de Stael "L'Orchestre"

Did catch the designer on this one... I remember it being from the 1920s or 1930s, though. You can't tell from the photo, but the back legs are about 2 inches shorter, so you're reclined. Perfectly modern and so "comfy."

Pablo Picasso "Portrait de jeune fille"
There are SO many Picassos at the Pompidou... it was really incredible.
Kasimir Malévitch "Croix Noire"

OH MAN. Dead at this point....
Vassily Kandinsky "Ein Kreis"

Piet Mondrian "New York City"

Carl Buccheister
I don't have the title for this one :(

Alexander Calder "Mobile sur Deux Plans"

Anyone know the name for this Miró offhand? I can't remember....

Jean Arp "Tanzerin"

Notice that the white part is actually cut-out of the painting, exposing the wall.

Francis Picabia "Diresseur d'animaux"

Marcel Duchamp "In Advance of the Broken Arm"

Saving the best for last....
Marcel Duchamp "Fontaine"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/3/10 01:36

    malevich and duchamp are saints

    ReplyDelete