Friday, January 22, 2010

   Hello dear friends! Today was my first friday off in Paris! I don't think it will be too hard to get used to this whole four day week thing! I woke up around 12:30 or 1 and layed around for a couple hours before meeting with Lily to explore things more. Though she wanted to go to Montmarte, I wanted to save that for a Sunday when everything is closed. Luckily, she agreed to go with me to a few shops around Paris. First stop? APC on Rue Madame. The store was a little more boutique than I expected, but it's because there are 3 or 4 locations in Paris. I couldn't resist a pair of riding pants, but was good otherwise. After that, we found a cute Brasserie (not a very hard thing to do in Paris) to get a croque monsier and madame. I took Lily to Colette and blew her mind up a little bit, though I really realized the greatness of Paris in the process. While we were walking around, I noticed a sign that said Comme Des Garcons (my all-time number one favorite). I knew it wasn't the store, and was of course intrigued so we pushed through the private entrance to see what was inside. At first, I thought it was a sample sale (which would've been sweet) but quickly realized it was private. Now, I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing, but I didn't recognize any of the garments I saw in the store. I'm thinking I saw the run-through for next week layed out. It was private enough of an area to be something like that, but I also have no real way of judging these things (besides not having seen any of the textiles before..). I suppose there will be more on that next week! Either way, everyone inside was insanely well dressed and wacky and it was a fun surprise anyway. After I collected myself, Lily and I went to meet Colin at the Director of IES's (my school) apartment for a nice dinner. We drank champagne and got to know each other a little bit better, which was really fun. It's great when you meet someone totally different from you, but the conversation never ceases to end. Her apartment was beautiful and, like a typical french woman, she was an amazing chef. I adored every bit of conversation we had and truly hope she invites us over again! We had an amazing dish of melted cheese over meat and potato with a pear, nut, and mushroom salad and white wine. Man, I am spoiled rotten here! The food is good EVERYWHERE. After a delicious chocolate cake for dessert, Colin and I walked Lily to the RER train stop and went to go meet up with the boys for a beer in le Marais. We chose a bar that was, in Colin's words, "chic." I'm glad to have made friends with the small group of dudes I have here because we always have a good time together. We decided, though, that tonight would be the last night we go out at 11. Tomorrow we're meeting up early, getting drunk, and making fools of ourselves around town. I'll be sure to remember my camera again tomorrow so you guys have something to look at, other than my rants!

These guys were great! In Chicago people rap or play guitar with a boom box. In France, four buddies get together and play traditional eastern European music and draw a crowd of, like, 20. Amazing.

A.P.C. @ 38 Rue Madame

Lily enjoying un café before lunch!

Lily's Croque Monsier (we did a little roll reversal today.. it was freakie)

It's very strange to me that Goyard are willing to stack luggage on the street like this. At the same time, it's the only time I can openly drool on a piece of Goyard (and I mean luggage, not accessories).

Miu Miu Paris. This season is one of the few-ever women's collections that has really made me excited, and this store is buckwild. Cayla, this is for you.

It's great to go shopping and see stuff like this, but at the same time it's so beautiful that I want to know everything about it. Adel, help please?

The aforementioned Comme Des Garcon store! FREAKIE RITE?

*lalalala everything looks cooler in Pairs*

Ah! The meat portion of tonight's feast! Delicious!

The Directrice of my program, Natalie, setting up the table for her son, Lily, Colin, and I. She had a wonderful apartment and was an even MORE wonderful host. I'm lucky to have someone like this here to talk to! Also, notice her great art- very Basquiat, no?

DA DUDEZ.

Colin and Austin! Austin is really great! One thing I didn't think about loving in Paris would be the Americans I would meet. Austin is the shit. He's got a head on his shoulders, a big heart, and is funny as fuck. BONES, DUDE.

2 comments:

  1. Croque monsier and madame!! Were they delicious? I need a sugardaddy to take me shopping in Paris... Tssst! cyber hug bitch, tell France I said hi!

    M I SS Y OU .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures.
    This is great blog. If you enjoy sartorialist you will enjoy this blog too.

    http://internationalmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete