Friday, January 15, 2010

Jour Trois et Quatre

So, after two rather drawn-out days of orientations I have finally started exploring Paris. I am starting to think more and more in French and am excited to see how confident I get by the time I leave. Jet lag has been a bit of a bummer- I'm exhausted all day and cannot sleep at night. I cannot wait to be adjusted to the time. The train system has taken a bit of getting used to because it's way more complicated than the simple color coded lines of Chicago. Today, I began feeling a bit more confident and am about to leave for my first night out. The weather has been grey and cold, but it's enjoyable. Paris is really beautiful under any weather. It's true what they say about Parisian women- you really can't beat them. Never in my life have I felt so attracted to so many women in such a short amount of time. The architecture isn't bad either! Even the more industrial buildings are still attractive to me- I love the juxtaposition between the old and new. As you will see, I visited the Louvre today and it was completely a religious experience. Before I even entered the building I couldn't believe what I was walking by. The building is SO huge and SO detailed and generally overwhelming. I'm looking forward to a boat tour up the Seine tomorrow afternoon and plan to do some window shopping in le Marais tomorrow! I am missing everyone at home very much, but am having a total blast here. I find myself smiling from ear to ear when no one's looking to ensure that I remain an anonymous Parisian (until I open my mouth)..

I love Parisian graffiti! It just looks better on flawless white stone.





 ...and yes, baroque pop does sound THAT much better in Paris!

Au Revoir!

2 comments:

  1. YAYA! Reilly , miss you bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7JPbv4rHlI&feature=related

    Okay, it has been less than a week and I want to come visit. I need to do some thinking but I might come to visit you and sman over spring break. Jersey Shore is amazing.

    ReplyDelete