Friday, January 22, 2010

"just the same, but brand new"



Sorry for the recent lack of posting- I've been seriously neglecting bringing my camera to class for fear of ruining or losing it. If I live in this fear, though, I would never bring it anywhere. So, friends, I pledge to upload more pictures and attempt to write more. Worried that you'd think I'd given up on you, I decided to post this just so you'd know I didn't fall of the Eiffel Tower, get trapped in the catacombs, or get lost on the metro indefinitely..


Things in France are still going well for me. We have two more days of language orientation and then real classes start. I'm nervous to see how that goes. Though I do not expect it to be a walk in the park by ANY means, I hope the homework load is light enough to still be able to explore the city a few times a week. I'm sure I'll manage it, either way. I have no other option! I'm only going to be living here for a few months!

Tonight, Lily, Colin, and I are having dinner with the Directrice from the program, Natalie. She invited us so that we could meet her son, and she could introduce us to a parisian that I'd only met briefly before. I am very excited to get to know Natalie more, she seems like a very good person to know because she really understands the french, has amazing tips on surviving here, and can answer any question with examples from previous students. Surely, I'll take pictures of it all tonight and upload them tomorrow!

Bises,
Reilly

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear things are going well and that you're meeting some cool people. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete