Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Le Premier Jour



Wow. I can't believe that I am actually here. After a 9.5 hour plane ride and easy customs check, I arrived in Neuilly-Sur-Seine, which is the community outside of Paris where my family lives. The neighborhood is completely gorgeous and my jaw hit the ground when I saw my host family's building. Stunning. I enjoyed a delicious lunch with my sweet host family and spent the evening walking about and taking pictures. A few things I have noticed thus far: (1) French people and architecture are absolutely gorgeous (2) That being said, they really do let their dogs shit on the street and (3) not every French person speaks English. I went out to try to purchase a Metro card and spent a solid ten minutes working up the nerve to ask someone if they speak english and to help me out. Didn't have much luck getting the metro card, but I at least bought a ticket for my 9:30 meeting downtown. I'm very anxious to see how the rest of my trip will turn out...


4 comments:

  1. Oh man, this is so awesome. I'm so psyched to follow yr travels. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOR.GEOUS.
    garrett is taking me there for spring break, shhh don't tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reilly+paris+blogging= coolest thing to hit the web

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Miss you already bits.

    ReplyDelete